Thursday, November 24, 2005

Broken?

So I'm thinking, if God runs to the brokenhearted (Ps 34) and dwells among humble and lowly spirits (Isaiah 57) then I need to be there.
I know I'm not. I am not poor in spirit. I do not mourn. I am not gentle or meek. I do not hunger and thirst for righteousness in myself. I am not pure in heart.
I do not walk around "... always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested..." (2 Cor 4:10).

If I am not broken -- if I am not contrite -- can I at least be broken over the fact that I'm not? What more will it take for me to truly break? How can I embrace this Rock that is my salvation?

"Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust." (Luke 20:18)

I've so far to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home